Writting Challenges:
There is so many writing challenges such as starting an essay, putting necessary details that are not out of topic, ending a essay, grammar etc. For me the challenges I have is starting an essay and the grammar. Starting the essay is hard for me because it takes me a while to think about a topic sentence because I always re-read my topic sentence and I think way to much about it. Also I like to change my mind a lot so I change it like 4-5 times even though the first time is fine. My other struggle is my grammar. I struggle on this since my grammar is not so good. My grammar is also bad because I am use to using slang in text and talking to friends. I usually forget I'm using slang when I am typing an essay and start cutting words short like "tho". I try to re-read my essay to catch slang but sometimes I'll miss it.

Comments

  1. Diego, your honest self evaluation is appreciated. I remember struggling with that very same issue when writing essays. Since most of my writing as a teacher consists of recommendation letters, emails, requests for monies (or grant proposals), I don't necessarily need a topic sentence. Grammar use is also something that must be practiced. MS Word has a grammar check, but we don't always know why the corrections are recommended. Also, I personally feel that students don't get enough "Grammar" practice in grade school, or even high school. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diego, just make just check your work so you catch when your using slang. Also practice using grammar and ask for help

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that maybe you need to practice a little bit more in that criteria to feel more confident about your grammar. I would say don't worry about that because you can always ask a teacher or friend to spell check or review your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have chalenges when I try to start a essay, I think is very challenging trying to find the right phrase to start an essay. But I think that if we practis writing it would get easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to what you said about using slang Diego, I catch myself doing it a lot as well. But hey that's why microsoft incorporated grammar check right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Diego, starting an essay is really challenging for me trying to find the right phrase. i also have to go back and re-read my topic sentence to make sure it makes sense or if its corrected.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment