"Everyone else does it"
This one time I was in art class and the teacher is very cool and mellow. She lets us talk and move around a lot and she woould not get mad. Everybody in that class would always be all over the room. I had my assigned seat and would always be seating their but this once I got up and went to another table to take to a friend and I got intouble. After getting introuble I went back to my seat and was doing my work but everybody else was still moving around and talking. When I saw everybody moving around I got up too and moved with my friend then my teacher saw me and took me to another room. She told me how I was being disrespectful and told me if I kept it up I would get a refferral so I told her "everybody else does it". She told me Well i'll talk to them later but for right now im talking to you.
This one time I was in art class and the teacher is very cool and mellow. She lets us talk and move around a lot and she woould not get mad. Everybody in that class would always be all over the room. I had my assigned seat and would always be seating their but this once I got up and went to another table to take to a friend and I got intouble. After getting introuble I went back to my seat and was doing my work but everybody else was still moving around and talking. When I saw everybody moving around I got up too and moved with my friend then my teacher saw me and took me to another room. She told me how I was being disrespectful and told me if I kept it up I would get a refferral so I told her "everybody else does it". She told me Well i'll talk to them later but for right now im talking to you.
I see this in a good way. Some of us know how to act and the teachers and expect from us which is something good. Each one of us should be a leader and not a follower.
ReplyDelete"Everyone else does it" is a statement that is used a great deal, especially in situations similar to what you describe. I am curious if your situation ever changed, for example, if the teacher discussed seat changes with all of the class or just individuals. It is interesting to me that human behavior does allow that some people just get away with unethical or immoral or just wrong behavior,, when others who try to follow the rules get caught the very first time. I would say that using your own moral standards to stay focused and be on task in all that you do will pay off in the long run.
ReplyDeleteI've been in this situation before Diego. From my experience I can say it's best to focus on you and do what you have to do because at the end of the day you aren't responsible for anyone else or how they act.
ReplyDeleteWOW. Teachers have favorites, unfortunately they also have least favorites as well. I wouldn't let it get to my head too much. If anything I would try and reason with her after class or something.
ReplyDeleteI think that everyone's excuse now a days is "Everyone else does it" and by just saying that they can get away with it. I hope people can just show responsibility of there actions and not just come up with an excuse.
ReplyDelete